top of page

The propertIES we service

Stratford Place Strip Out and Structural Investigations London
Stripout London Whitechapel Building strip out and demolition works
Super Prime Residential Strip Out

The Property types we offer strip out, dilapidations and construction services for:

A1 – Shops

The are allowed for use for all or any of the following purposes:


for the retail sale of goods other than hot food

as a post office

for the sale of tickets or as a travel agency

for the sale of sandwiches or other cold food for consumption off the premises

for hairdressing

for the direction of funerals

for the display of goods for sale

for the hiring out of domestic or personal goods or articles

for the reception of goods to be washed, cleaned or repaired


A2 – Financial and Professional Services

Use for:


financial services (e.g. banks)

professional services (other than health or medical services)

any other services (including use as a betting office) which it is appropriate to provide in a shopping area


A3 – Food and Drink

For the sale of food and drink for consumption on the premises:


restaurants, snack bars, cafés, shops for sale of hot food


A4 – Drinking Establishments

Buildings where the primary purpose is the sale and consumption of alcoholic drinks on the premises:


public houses (pubs), wine bars


A5 – Hot Food Take-away

Premises where the primary purpose is the sale of hot food for consumption off the premises.


B1 – Business

For all or any of the following purposes:


offices not classified within A2

for research and development studios

for any industrial process (e.g. laboratories or high-tech industries)

B2 – General Industrial

General industrial use for the carrying on of an industrial process other than one falling within class B1, or within classes B3 to B7.


B8 – Storage and Distribution

Use for:


wholesale warehouse, distribution centres, repositories


C1 – Hotels

Use as a:


hotel, boarding or guest house

C2 – Residential Institutions

Use for:


boarding schools, residential colleges and training centres

residential care homes, hospitals, nursing homes

C3 – Dwelling Houses

This is formed of 3 parts:


use by a single person or a family (a couple whether married or not, a person related to one another with members of the family of one of the couple to be treated as members of the family of the other), an employer and certain domestic employees (such as an au pair, nanny, nurse, governess, servant, chauffeur, gardener, secretary and personal assistant), a carer and the person receiving the care and a foster parent and foster child.

up to six people living together as a single household and receiving care e.g. supported housing schemes such as those for people with learning disabilities or mental health problems.

groups of people (up to six) living together as a single household. This allows for those groupings that do not fall within the C4 HMO definition, but which fell within the previous C3 use class, to be provided for i.e. a small religious community may fall into this section as could a homeowner who is living with a lodger.


F1/D1 – Non-residential Institutions

(Please note, D1 properties are now referred to as use class F1, as well as some elements of use class E - read more about the new use class changes here).


Any use, not including residential:


places of worship, church halls

clinics, health centres, crèches, day nurseries, consulting rooms

museums, public halls, libraries, art galleries, exhibition halls

D2 – Assembly and Leisure

Use as:


cinemas, music and concert halls

dance, sports halls, swimming baths, skating rinks, gymnasiums

other indoor and outdoor sports and leisure uses, such as bingo halls, casinos


Where uses do not fall within the main classes, they are classified as “sui-generises”. This includes buildings like theatres, nightclubs, scrap yards, petrol filling stations, launderettes etc

bottom of page